Saturday, July 28, 2012

Fabulous Finds Friday

Before I talk about my finds I have to thank Ms. Nichole over at The Craft of Teaching for nominating me for my very first award!  I am so excited!  I hope all these wonderful things taking place mean that greater things are one their way!

Here are the rules:
1.  Follow  the person who gave you the award.
2.  Link back to the person who gave you the award.
3.  Pass the award to 10 new bloggers and let them know they have received the award.

So the lucky ones getting this award are.... (drum roll please)
1.  Learning in Wonderland
2.  Teaching my Friends
3.  Beyond the Grades
4.  Going Nutty!
5.  Mrs. Will's Kindergarten
6.  Bunting, Books and Brainbridge
7.  Giggles Galore 
8.  Joy of Kindergarten
9.  The Inspired Apple
10.  First Grade Owls

Make sure you stop on by their blogs and check them out!

Now on to those fabulous finds of mine from the wonderful land of....TARGET!  I actually owe these finds to my sister who was browsing in the $1 area and passed the word along to my mom.  So thoughtful of her.  <3

 For some reason, this won't turn the right way despite being edited and saved the proper way.  Anyways, it's a dry erase board for a whole dollar that has handwriting lines.  My mom bought me 8 which would be perfect for a teacher group or center if I teach younger grades.  I'm currently going to use it with the twins I tutor to work on word work and handwriting.


 I love these wire trash baskets!  My first grade mentor teacher has the larger ones that are sold at Bed Bath and Beyond for the college students, and she places them in the center of the tables when students are doing projects that create a lot of trash.  Saves the room from being completely littered and from students getting "lost" on their way to and from the trash.  Price: $2.50
 These are essential for any classroom organization for art supplies!  I haven't bought them yet since I don't know what I will be teaching, but they are on my wish list if I get a primary grade level.  Price: $2.50
 And last but not least, this find is actually from Wal-Mart.  I snuck away from the Mr. to wander down the school supplies claiming I wouldn't buy anything....which I had planned not to, until I found this.  I just HAD to have it!  Absolutely adorable.  It was a whopping $0.97!!

Well that is all I have for now!  I should probably get to bed so the Mr. doesn't get mad at me.  I have lots of household things to do tomorrow AFTER I get my beauty rest of sleeping until noon.  :)  hehe






PS.  I still could use some advice for coming up with questions for the interview on Monday!  Please help!

2 comments:

  1. Love the idea of mini trash cans for messy projects. Genius! I'm a new follower. Congrats on your award!

    Megan
    I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea for the trash cans. That owl notebook is too cute. Good luck on the interview on Monday. Thank you so much for linking up with me.
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Hootin Around the Classroom