Saturday, July 14, 2012

Fingers Crossed!

As I go through this whole interview and waiting process, my mind keeps spinning with all these ideas that I could use within any grade level classroom.  I have lists of things that my mentor teachers did that I absolutely loved and want to implement within my future classroom.

One thing I really loved was having book boxes for each student to house their current reads, reader's response notebooks, and post-it notes for quick thoughts.  So I found cardboard book boxes that are 4-inches wide, come in a 6-pack, and in an assortment of colors.  Instead of putting names on them, I figured I would make labels that have numbers and students would know their corresponding numbers.

I made them so that they could print on Avery labels (6874) so that they will already have adhesive on them.

Next post I will share the substitute binder that I've been making to get me prepared for any absences I could have over the school year.

**fingers crossed for my latest interview for a Kindergarten position!!**



5 comments:

  1. Thank you for stopping by and visiting me! I tried becoming a follower but I don't see a follower widget here.

    I hope you get that position!

    Can't wait to see your future projects!
    Maribel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mrs. Sheehan,
      Thank you for stopping by! I have fixed the follower widget and it is now added on my page!

      And thank you for the positive vibes about the job! I should know something late next week!

      Ms. W

      Delete
  2. I like to use numbers instead of names too! That way I'm not having to relabel things every year and I can spend more time preparing curriculum and finding cute ideas on pinterest.

    Good luck with the job!
    Hooty's Homeroom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie, if you'll email me at
    hootyshomeroom at gmail dot com, I'll share the tips you asked about on my blog.

    Hooty's Homeroom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used baskets this year and the kids loved having a place for their books and notebook. As an added bonus it was a great way to give them a break by asking them to go to their book baskets and get what they needed. We had ELA from 8:30 - 12:00 without breaks so it was just another little way to get them moving. Hoping your interview went well.

    ReplyDelete

Hootin Around the Classroom