Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Fashion Linky Party

Have I ever told you how much I LOVE to go shopping?  And it's not just for clothes, it's for crafting supplies (scrapbooking, sewing, yarn) and of course, a teacher addition: school supplies!  The past two days I have gone to Dollar Tree, Hobby Lobby (twice), Wal-Mart, Northern Tools, and Michaels.  Today I dragged the Mr. with me and he was very impressed I actually cut myself off and went to the register.  I will post detailed pictures of my purchases tomorrow. 

Today's post is about linking up over at From Blood to Books! regarding teacher fashion!

 
Here are the guidelines...
1. Tell me your favorite store(s) that you like to get your "teacher's fashion".
2. What are some of your favorite accessories?
3. What type of shoes do you teach in? (i.e. heels, flats, wedges, etc.)
4. Do you have a "go-to" item in your closet? (i.e. sweater you wear weekly, shoes you wear daily, etc.)
5. Have you ever had a fashion "uh-oh" at school? (i.e. heel broke, button popped off of blouse)
Please feel free to post any cute items, sales, outfits that you have grabbed for this upcoming school year!

My responses:
1.  My favorite stores are Kohl's, New York & Company, Express, and Target.  I get my slacks from NY&C and Express because they are really only ones  that fit me as I am petite.  I buy them when they are Buy 1, get one for at least 50% off.  NY&C has some super cute light sweaters and tops right now so go check them out!!!
2.  I am not a very big accessory person, however I like necklaces.  I try not to do bracelets because they tend to get in my way when I am modeling notes or writing on the board. (I'm still learning tricks as I am a first year teacher, but that was my experience during student teaching)
3.  Wearing heels occasionally is fine, but I much prefer cute flats.   I love wearing my Coach shoes and my knock off Sperrys, they are comfy AND cute. :)
4.  My go-to items are my light sweaters!  I am almost ALWAYS cold, so I try to plan my outfits with these so I'm warm and still professional looking.  It's not very professional to wear a hoodie, just sayin'.
5.  The only "uh-oh" I have had so far was a hole in my skirt.  Thankfully it was small and barely noticeable.  Just had to make sure it didn't get any larger.

Well, that's all I really have.  I get to go view my classroom tomorrow!  And since I'm no longer working summer camp, I have a long list of crafts to do tomorrow and this weekend, hence my recent shopping!  Look for the post tomorrow!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for linking up! I, too, love necklaces. I was telling my coworkers the other day that I wanted to find an everyday necklace of some sort. I used to have one but it was given to me by an ex boyfriend... so when my hubby and I started dating (out of respect for him) I tossed it.
    Jess
    From Blood to Books!

    ReplyDelete

Hootin Around the Classroom